Reports to: The Deputy Vice Chancellor
Duty Station: Kirumba – Masaka
No of vacancies: 01
CORE PURPOSE OF JOB:
To develop and implement policies and strategies for creating international strategic alliances, managing institutional partnerships and serving as an information channel for international collaboration opportunities in line with the strategic objectives.
The International Office (IO) vision is to engage in a vibrant and viable internationalisation agenda that is culturally enriching and promotes a diverse approach to academic excellence through international best practice. Muteesa I Royal University (MRU) is committed to promoting international relations through co-operative and collaborative partnerships, international programmes and activities with fraternal institutions of higher education within the higher education regulatory framework, provisions of the national planning and policy imperatives, whilst also ensuring consistence with the Vision, Mission and the Goals of the university.
Mode of application Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications electronically. The applications MUST include the following:
1) A letter of motivation
2) Detailed and updated curriculum vitae signed and dated by the candidate
3) Names and addresses of three (3) referees. Applications should be addressed to the Manager, Human Resources, Muteesa I Royal University on the email: email@example.com
*Applications will close on the
7th of February 2020
The IO will also:
– Maintain a database of Agreements and Memoranda of Understanding with international universities and other partners.
– Liaise with the Ministry of Internal Affairs regarding immigration legislation and compliance.
– Assist international students with immigration issues.
– Monitor events in higher education in Africa and provide advice to MRU academics working with other African institutions.
– Produce information booklets and pamphlets specifically for international students.
– Provide a resource centre on international universities and education opportunities for local students.
– Maintain links with embassies and donor organisations that fund international students.
– Acquire membership of and actively participate in local and international professional bodies on international education e.g. International Education Associations, the National Association for Foreign Student Affairs, (NAFSA), the European Association for International Education
1. A Master’s degree and not less than 5 years’ experience in an International Office at a recognized University.
2. Extensive experience in University administration, good communication skills and interpersonal relations.
3. Demonstrable experience in Faculty management roles, student admissions and student academic administration support.
4. Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment, and discretion
5. Ability to work independently, as well as a team